Indian Air Force has invited Indian citizens for the post of Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty branches. Indian Air Force has been released the admit card on January 30 at the official website. Enter the issued enrollment ID and password in order to access your hall ticket. Download Here
- The exam is scheduled for February 16 and 17 in CBT mode. Check AFCAT Exam Pattern
- Another component was added to AFCAT 2019 by the name of Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
- Class 12th students with minimum 60% marks are eligible to register at afcat.cdac.in. Check AFCAT Eligibility
- For this session, total 163 vacancies are offered under both branches.
- The syllabus is of graduation level, except question under Numerical Ability section. Check AFCAT Syllabus
Highlights of AFCAT 2019
|Exam Name||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Posts Offered||Commissioned officers in flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Sections||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and verbal Ability in English|
|Selection Procedure||AFCAT exam, AFSB Interview and Medical Test|
What is AFCAT?
- AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) is an entrance test for aspirants willing to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical).
- The examination is conducted twice a year in February and August.
- The test is conducted all across India by the Indian Air Force.
What is EKT under AFCAT exam?
- EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is a meant to test candidate’s engineering knowledge.
- The test is compulsory for candidates applying for Technical Ground Duty branch.
- The subjects under this exam are Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics. Check EKT Syllabus and Books
AFCAT 2019 Exam Dates
The official dates for the exam is given below:
|Publishing of AFCAT 2019 notification||December 1, 2018|
|AFCAT 2019 Registration||December 1 – 30, 2018|
|Issue of AFCAT Admit card||January 30, 2019|
|AFCAT 2019 exam date||February 16 and 17, 2019
Download FreeSample Papers
|AFCAT Results||April 2019|
AFCAT 2019 Eligibility
Candidates who are willing to take AFCAT 2019 must check, whether they fulfill the desired eligibility criteria or not. The brief eligibility criterion for different branches/courses is mentioned below for your reference.
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: It varies as per the branch viz.
- Flying Branch (AFCAT & NCC Entry): 20 – 24 years as on January 1, 2020 i.e. born between January 2, 1996 – January 1, 2000.
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): 20 – 26 years as on January 1, 2020 i.e. born between January 2, 1994 – January 1, 2000.
- The DOB accepted by the IAF is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University.
- Below 25 years must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course.
- Widows/ Widowers and divorcees below 25 yeards are not eligible………Read More>>